Some options that you can not stop living in our city ...
City tour: (8 blocks walking to the south): The starting point of the tours with the double-decker bus is Plaza ¨Isabel La Católica¨. You can choose two routes, one to the city center and another to the south, which includes the Valley of the Moon.
Cinemas: (3 blocks walking over ¨Paseo El Prado¨) Monje Campero & Multicine
Independent Cinemas: (5 blocks walking to the South-West) Cinemateca Boliviana and Cinema ¨6 de Agosto¨ (6 blocks walking to the South-East).
Folk clubs (10 blocks walking to the north): Illampu and Sagarnaga streets
Pubs - Clubs: (9 blocks walking to the south) Sopocachi, surroundings ¨Plaza Abaroa¨
Shoppings: (7 blocks walking to the north) North Shoppings, Handall, also Multicine (10 blocks walking to the south) and (galleries 2-3 blocks) around ¨Paseo El Prado¨
Street markets : (3 and 12 blocks walking to the north) Street markets are still the main way in which Bolivians acquire their groceries, visiting them can be a true experience for the senses. The most popular markets, as well as the oldest ones are Camacho Markets (remodeled), San Pedro (street fair), and Lanza (remodeled).
Cable cars: The cable car is the system of air transport by cable, which is an alternative transport in our beautiful city, the first cable car was inaugurated in May 2014, includes several lines, identified by different colors:
- Red line (2.2 km):. The red line links the city of El Alto with the city of La Paz. The Central Station, or Ex-Train Station is the starting point of this line, which has a stop at the general cemetery and reaches the stop of the 16 de Julio Fair.
- Yellow Line (1.6 Km): Stop Sopocachi, or Plaza España. It was the second line inaugurated and also links the city of La Paz with the city of El Alto, in the neighborhood called "Ciudad Satélite". This line of the cable car was the first to have connection with other lines: the green one.
- Green Line (3.3 Km): Start at the Liberator Stop. -Curva de Holguín- merging with the yellow line joins the City of El Alto with the South Zone (in the neighborhood of Irpavi)
- Orange Line: Starts at the Central Station, joining the red line, crosses the city through the northeast, passing through the Peripheral Zone, from this line you can see the Cemetery "La Llamita" and has its final point in the square Villarroel in Miraflores, where it connects with the white line.
- White Line: It is a line that crosses the neighborhood of Miraflores joining the lines Orange and Celeste. It has its starting point at Plaza Villarroel, it has its first stop on Busch Avenue, the second stop at Plaza San Martín (better known as Plaza Triangular) and its final point on Avenida del Poeta.
- Celestial Line: Actually, this line of the cable car only has one section, which makes the union of the Blanza and Verde lines, its final route will allow the passage over the Central Urban Park.